From the design of your cake to the baking and decorating everything is done by me personally. For this reason I give my full attention to usually one or sometimes two cakes per week and take pride in every stage. Prices reflect the personal service and premium finish of my work.
My sharp edged fondant iced wedding cakes are the most luxurious option with endless possibilities for decoration. I take pride in making everything from scratch, all my cakes have 3 layers of sponge sandwiched together with swiss meringue buttercream and homemade curds and fillings.
Each tier of cake stands at 5″ tall and are covered in a white or dark chocolate ganache followed by a thin layer of patisserie icing before being decorated with the upmost care and precision. With my background as a pastry chef I am passionate about ingredients and flavours being just as memorable as the design of the cake itself.
I have provided a guide to give you an idea of how much you would expect your cake to cost, most of my wedding cakes start from £500 but can be more if large amounts of detail or sugar flowers are requested. Semi naked, ganache and buttercream finished cakes are less work and therefore are more cost effective option.
All wedding cake prices are inclusive of delivery within a 15 mile radius.
I would love to hear from you and I will be happy to provide a personal quotation.
- Fondant Iced Wedding Cakes:
- £475 for small 3 tier 4″, 6″, 8″ (65 servings)
- £500 for 3 tiers 6″, 8″, 10″ (100 servings)
- £600 for 4 tiers 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″ (130 servings)
- £675 for 5 tiers 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″ (180-200 servings)
All iced cake servings are finger portions which are 1″ x 1″
- Semi Naked & Buttercream Wedding Cakes
- Semi naked cakes are a more informal option and are £425 to serve around 100 guests. Any bigger than this and I can provide cutting cakes as the naked cakes can’t support the weight of being too big. I ask that your florist provides flowers for the cake in order to match the rest of your wedding flowers. I can provide them during summer months upon request.
- Buttercream or Ganache finished cakes are covered with chocolate ganache and then a layer of buttercream, these are £450 for 3 tiers to serve 100 guests
- Macarons to match your colour scheme £3.50 per box (1) £4.75 per box (2)
Displayed in a white box with clear lid and matching ribbon, minimum order of batch of 25
Starting from £95 for 1 tier, please contact me for more details
Consultations and Tastings
The process of ordering your wedding cake starts with a consultation where you either come and see me at my studio based in Hailsham, East Sussex or if you are unable to get here I can offer a consultation on the telephone or via skype or email and post a box of samples. This generally takes place between 12 and 6 months prior to your wedding. I hold consultation dates in the spring and autumn, in-between times I able fit in evening consultations- please ask. The consultation lasts around 45 minutes to an hour where we sit down together and discuss the style and design for your cake. I also supply you with a delicious box of samples to take home with you in order to choose which flavours you’d like for your cake.
If you would like a semi naked cake a consultation is not usually required and I post the sample box to you but of course I am more than happy to meet if you wish.
If you are getting married in over a year then I tend to give you a quote based on the ideas you have and take a £100 save the date deposit then we meet up for a consultation when it’s convenient for us both.
I am passionate about high quality ingredients, I make all curds, jams and caramels from scratch from local seasonal produce wherever I can. I always use local free range farm eggs, belgian chocolate, madagascan vanilla and local or homegrown fruit.
- Vanilla and Raspberry Vanilla Sponge with Homemade Raspberry Jam and Madagascan Vanilla Buttercream
- Chocolate and Salted Caramel Rich Chocolate Mud Cake, Salted Caramel and Chocolate Buttercream
- Zingy Lemon Lemon Sponge Soaked in Lemon Syrup, Zingy Lemon Curd and Lemon Buttercream
- Chocolate Guinness Dense and Rich chocolate cake with Madagascan Vanilla Buttercream
- Strawberry & Champagne Vanilla Sponge Soaked in Champagne Syrup with Strawberry Conserve
- Carrot & Orange Carrot Cake with Zesty Orange Buttercream
- Cherry & Almond Almond Sponge with Cherry Jam and Vanilla Buttercream
- Coconut & Passionfruit Coconut Sponge with Passionfruit Curd and Vanilla Buttercream
- White Chocolate & Cherry White chocolate mud cake with sour cherry jam and vanilla buttercream
- Sticky Toffee Date and toffee sponge with sticky toffee buttercream
To achieve a flawless finish my cakes are all covered with chocolate ganache, on most sponges I use white chocolate as it has a more neutral taste and my icing is thin so darker chocolate can show through. If they aren’t covered in ganache the edges will be softer and look rounded. For fruit cakes I use marzipan.
I do cater for gluten free diets so please do let me know when ordering your cake. If you’d like any further information regarding available flavours. I also cater for dairy free and vegan but these are often a small separate cake or cupcake as it can be restrictive for the wedding cake design.