From the design of your cake to the baking and decorating everything is done by me personally. For this reason I give my full attention to usually one or sometimes two cakes per week and take pride in every stage. Prices reflect the personal service and premium finish of my work.
My sharp edged fondant iced wedding cakes are the most luxurious option with endless possibilities for decoration. I take pride in making everything from scratch, all my cakes have 3 layers of sponge sandwiched together with swiss meringue buttercream and homemade curds and fillings.
Each tier of cake stands at 5″ tall and are covered in a white or dark chocolate ganache followed by a thin layer of patisserie icing before being decorated with the upmost care and precision. With my background as a pastry chef I am passionate about ingredients and flavours being just as memorable as the design of the cake itself.
I have provided a guide to give you an idea of how much you would expect your cake to cost, most of my wedding cakes start from £500 but can be more if large amounts of detail or sugar flowers are requested. Semi naked, ganache and buttercream finished cakes are less work and therefore are more cost effective option.
If you would like your cake to be decorated with fresh flowers as opposed to sugar flowers, I ask that they are provided by your florist. I always arrange them on the cake and co-ordinate with your florist with regards to set-up timings. If you need me to I can provide a quote to supply to fresh flowers.
All wedding cake prices are inclusive of delivery and set within a 15 mile radius.
I would love to hear from you and I will be happy to provide a personal quotation.
- Fondant Iced Wedding Cakes:
- £175 for 1 tier 6″ (25 servings)
- £325 for 2 tier 5″, 7″ (40 servings)
- £525 for small 3 tier 4″, 6″, 8″ (60 servings)
- £575 for 3 tiers 5″, 7″, 9″ (90 servings)
- £675 for 4 tiers 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″ (120 servings)
- £725 for 5 tiers 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″ (180-200 servings)
All iced cake servings are finger portions which are 1″ x 1″
- Semi Naked & Buttercream Wedding Cakes
- Semi naked cakes are a more informal but equally beautiful option and are £475 for a 3 tier (5″, 7″, 9″) 90 servings. A 4 tier semi naked (4″, 6″, 8″, 10″) is £550 and provides 120 servings.
- Buttercream finished cakes are covered with chocolate ganache and then a layer of buttercream, this can be finished with a smooth flawless finish or a rustic combed effect. These are £495 for 3 tiers (5″, 7″, 9″) to serve 90 guests or £575 to serve 120 guests.
- Chocolate ganache finished cakes are covered with white chocolate ganache which is coloured white, this is a great option for people who do not like fondant icing but would still like a white clean cake. These are £525 for 3 tiers (5″, 7″, 9″) to serve 90 guests or £595 to serve 120 guests.
- Cupcakes finished with piped buttercream and sprinkles are £3.50 each
- Macarons to match your colour scheme £3.50 per box (1) £4.75 per box (2)
Displayed in an eco friendly white box with clear lid and matching ribbon, minimum order of batch of 25
Consultations and Tastings
The process of ordering your wedding cake starts with a consultation where you either come and see me I’m based in Herstmonceux, East Sussex or if you are unable to get here I can offer a consultation on the telephone or via zoom or email. This generally takes place between 12 and 6 months prior to your wedding. I hold consultation dates in the spring and autumn, in-between times I able fit in evening consultations- please ask. The consultation lasts around 45 minutes to an hour where we sit down together and discuss the style and design for your cake.
I provide a sample box service which costs £25 and I post you a box of a selection of my flavours to sample and choose from for your cake. This generally includes 6 of my most popular flavours, I can take requests. I do these approximately 4 times a year so do ask me when I think the next one will be if this is something you’d like to do.
If you would like a semi naked cake a consultation is not usually required and I post the sample box to you but of course I am more than happy to meet if you wish.
If you are getting married in over a year then I tend to give you a quote based on the ideas you have and take a £100 save the date deposit then we meet up for a consultation when it’s convenient for us both.
I am passionate about high quality ingredients, I make all curds, jams and caramels from scratch from local seasonal produce wherever I can. I always use local free range farm eggs, belgian chocolate, madagascan vanilla and local or homegrown fruit.
- Vanilla and Raspberry Vanilla Sponge with Homemade Raspberry Jam and Madagascan Vanilla Buttercream
- Chocolate and Salted Caramel Rich Chocolate Mud Cake, Salted Caramel and Chocolate Buttercream
- Zingy Lemon Lemon Sponge Soaked in Lemon Syrup, Zingy Lemon Curd and Lemon Buttercream
- Chocolate Guinness Dense and Rich chocolate cake with Madagascan Vanilla Buttercream
- Strawberry & Champagne Vanilla Sponge Soaked in Champagne Syrup with Strawberry Conserve
- Carrot & Orange Carrot Cake with Zesty Orange Buttercream
- Cherry & Almond Almond Sponge with Cherry Jam and Vanilla Buttercream
- Coconut & Passionfruit Coconut Sponge with Passionfruit Curd and Vanilla Buttercream
- White Chocolate & Cherry White chocolate mud cake with sour cherry jam and vanilla buttercream
- Sticky Toffee Date and toffee sponge with sticky toffee buttercream
To achieve a flawless finish my cakes are all covered with chocolate ganache, on most sponges I use white chocolate as it has a more neutral taste and my icing is thin so darker chocolate can show through. If they aren’t covered in ganache the edges will be softer and look rounded. For fruit cakes I use marzipan.
I do cater for gluten free diets so please do let me know when ordering your cake. If you’d like any further information regarding available flavours. I also cater for dairy free and vegan but these are often a small separate cake or cupcake as it can be restrictive for the wedding cake design.